Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the fast and the furious

I took my babysittee, Joanie, to "brunch" at Perkins today before I took her to an orthodontist appointment (why it is my duty to do these things, I am not sure.) It was noon but she hadn't eaten yet so she ordered pancakes in the shape of a bear with chocolate chips on them. It was basically the equivalent of 2 large pancakes. I had already eaten, so I just got a sticky bun.

Waitress: (places food on the table)

Joanie: Can you cut this for me?

Me: Sure. (cuts pancakes)

Joanie: (starts eating pancakes)

Me: (glances down at cell phone) We should probably eat fast, you have a -

Joanie: (is finished)

Me: ...orthodonist appointment?

She then ate about a third of my sticky bun. Which I didn't really mind, but it kind of adds to the irony that she's a big fan of Honey, We're Killing the Kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home