Monday, May 15, 2006

don't make me come to vegas

Lansdale? I'm so over you.

Nothing of note has happened since I got home. Today my dad and I drove to Atlantic City, because on Friday SK, CS, and I are going to see Elvis Costello (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) at the Taj Mahal. I've never driven to Atlantic City so basically it was a 4-hour practice run. From what I've seen of it, Atlantic City is pretty ugly-tacky. I've only been to Vegas once but from what I remember it was fun-tacky. Atlantic City...nah. But maybe I just need to see it at night.

I saw M:I:III (possibly the stupidest-looking movie title abbreviation ever) the other night. It was dumb but entertaining enough. The thing that really got me was the end when (SPOILER ALERT...not that you'll doubt the outcome if you do see the movie) Tom Cruise is lying dead on the floor because his heart stopped, and his wife has to bring him back to life. She's giving him CPR and it's not working. So eventually she gives that up and just uses her fist to pound his chest really hard. And it works, and he sits up gasping for breath.

Uh, let me think. Where did I see this exact situation before? On LOST, perhaps? The show created by J.J. Abrams? Who also happened to direct M:I:III? It's pretty bad when you're already ripping yourself off, J.J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home